.

.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

All things come to an end

So here I am travelling again, and for the second time straight I arrived and started to unpack, and whaddya know, but I forgot to bring Maurice. In all my packing and planning, it never even occurred to me to stick the rabbit in the bag. And he was right there next to the tv. In plain sight. Watching socks and sweaters and books and adapters and etc and etc go into the bag. Maurice has been forgotten before, but always as a mistake. He made it onto the mental list of inclusions, and then got left on the table. If twice straight he didn't make the list, perhaps it's a sign that the time of rabbit-accompanyment is done. And that's fine. Next time I go anywhere, I'll have a real live companion along. I'm sure he'll wear rabbit ears if I ask him nicely.

No comments: