.

.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Poetry Jam: Temptation

It's about time I got back in the Jam and posted a poem. Mark's theme of temptation suggested a lot of different options, and last night I finally came up with this:

The chocolate cake with sour cherry sauce
Seconds on barbequed ribs
That gorgeous red silk blouse not on sale

These things I resist

Leaving early when the boss is out
Another sackful of cashmere yarn for another shawl I'll never knit
Six books that will gather dust

These too I tell myself No

Sleeping way, way in on a Monday morning
Ice cream with jam for dinner
Tickets to Venice just for the weekend

All thoughts that must be thunk again.

The digital SLR
that shoots 7 frames a second
and is ready for my macro lens and the long long zoom

This, well, it's for the good of posterity, right?
One must be prepared to document birthdays and travels and stupid cat tricks, right?

I'll take it.

Click here for other tempting morsels at the Poetry Jam!

7 comments:

The Bug said...

Why we did that very thing last year! However, sad to say, there are many things on your list that I also do not resist :)

P.S. I'll have my prompt up on Wednesday sometime. Just as soon as I figure out what it is.

NanU said...

Actually, I don't resist any of them all the time! (well, except for Venice.)
Looking forward to Wednesday.
Need a scarf?

PremI said...

Nice way to put it!

Anonymous said...

And there I was being well impressed with your self-discipline (until I saw what you responded to The Bug)!!! *smile* I really liked this one. Does it sound stupid if I said that it feels really real?

Bagman and Butler said...

Good choice of when to succomb to temptation. And a good list of things it is hard to say no to

Jinksy said...

A digital SLR would get me to weaken. :)

hyperCRYPTICal said...

Lots of lovely temptations there!

Anna :o]

http://puzzelicious.blogspot.com