.

.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Solveig wins

I am an absolute champion at not going to the dentist.
I do brush thoroughly & often, and use those high-tech toothpicks, so as not to have to go to the dentist, but even when I really need to go to the dentist, I don't.
Bits have been breaking off this one molar for years now, though without ever causing me any pain, and a couple years ago I let my dentist cover over the jagged parts with a crown. Then over the holidays the crown went, and at first it was ok but then it really hurt but it was the holidays and my dentist off work so I took lots of advil & etc and things calmed down on their own.
See? Just put things off and they take care of themselves.
Every now and then I'd get a twinge to remind me that, you know, normal people just make an appointment and go to the dentist.
Saturday evening (why is it always a Saturday evening, the maximum delay before dentist offices reopen?), my toothache was back with a vengance. 
Sunday: lots of ibuprofen, alternated with paracetamol. 
Monday: more pills, and the discovery that my dentist doesn't work Mondays. 
Tuesday: no way she can squeeze me in for a good hour's visit between two other patients, but by this time the pain has subsided to livable levels. 
Wednesday: I can actually wait on taking another advil. Perhaps I can cancel that 5pm appointment...
Nah, that would mean phoning. I'll just go.

No comments: