.

.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Big enough

I missed posting an update of the rhubarb last week, but it's so large that incremental changes are hard to appreciate now. What's new is I can't include my shoe for scale without taking it off and stepping back!
The monster has reached the point of starting work on an antenna. Perhaps it isn't the mother ship after all, but is about to contact its even more gigantic brethren for a full-scale invasion of Earth.
 
So naturally, I took a knife to it and chopped a dozen stalks for pie.

3 comments:

The Bug said...

I had to share this with my Dad - he was just finishing up some rhubarb pie on Sunday when we had our weekly call.

Lord help us if there really is a mother ship!

steven said...

approach with caution and whittle leaves away as required or desired. keep an escape route open. i like that you're trying to bait it with the shoe offering. steven

The Bug said...

Oh Steven thanks for the belly laugh - I really needed it today :)