.

.

Monday, July 20, 2015

an affliction I didn't know I had

It's official. 
I have girl arms.
We were making good progress on getting my new brick bbq together on Sunday morning. JP got everything straight and plum. I helped out by taking my end of the various bits to move them from their pallet to the building site, and handing him the level or the pencil or the straightedge or the hammer or a glass of Schwepps with lemon or whatever. I also had the executive job of deciding which direction for it to face, and whether I wanted the fire on the left or the right. Not an installation we're going to move around every couple of weeks.
I say straight and plum, well, that's within what's possible in my yard. Good thing I decided to put it over here where the garage-thingy used to be, and not on the concrete slab that's falling to bits. Here, in contrast, everything is level and flat.
Er, sort of level and sort of flat, at least in the middle. Around the edges forget it. Thank goodness the thing is not bigger or we would have had to pause to buy cement first.
Around 11:30 we had it all together except for the roof, and it was discovered that we could not do that part because I can't lift my half of that slab any higher than my shoulders, and it has to be lifted higher than that, even. Dang thing is heavy as hell.
So we grilled our steak on the mini-Weber as usual, and will wait until some extra manpower happens by to finish the job.
Next weekend we will be prepared for grilling in sleet and rain and wind, and there is space for plenty of steaks & sausages & filets, so come on over.
Bring wine.

No comments: