.

.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Poetry Train 1

TFE's Poetry Bus is transformed into a train this week. Hop aboard!
.
The trains are leaving
They're leaving for Gannat,
and Lyon Part-Dieu
and Montluçon.
There's one for Paris at 16:32
getting there in time for dinner.
.
Trains leaving north
trains leaving east
some trains leaving south
though not as many.
.
They're leaving every day
at all hours, all year
in all weathers
.
(or nearly)
.
They're going, and they'll take you along.
Hop on!
Come see the world
What excuse do you have to not ride?
Don't just get where you're going:
See the places in between.
.

11 comments:

Rachel Fox said...

Such an innocent wide-eyed feel to this. I really like it.
x

Tabor said...

That is me for sure. So much of the world I want to see.

Reya Mellicker said...

All aboard, indeed. I want a ticket for this ride.

Beautiful image in the banner. Here the trees are just about to snap open.

Niamh B said...

Interesting, the way you have them all leaving, and not much mention of any arriving in turn - makes them sound a bit more exciting that way I think. Like your point about seeing the places in between.

Ronda Laveen said...

Okay, you've convinced me it's time to go.

Argent said...

"Don't just get where you're going:
See the places in between" - wise words for life I think. I enjoyed the French place names, so exotic and exciting-sounding to my English lugs.

Totalfeckineejit said...

'See the places in between' Oh, I like that and I get the excitement of travel from this pome, makes me wanna jump on a train right now!

Karen said...

Good question, that. It's one we need to answer to ourselves.

Titus said...

Yes, I loved the final two lines as well, and that list of place-names in the first stanza made me salivate!
I also like the bracketed (or nearly).
Ticket for me, please.

Pure Fiction said...

I'm with everyone else here - the last two lines are just perfect. 'The places in between' is such a great concept.

Dr. Jeanne Iris said...

Celui-ci est séduisante!
(This one is enticing!)

Merci beaucoup!