.

.

Friday, May 22, 2009

Friday in Vienna - the Red Tour

Welcome to Vienna, Austria. Let's Paint the Town Red for the Friday Shootout!
They can fit a building crane into the narrowest of streets, and not even block (pedestrian) traffic. Two restaurants with sidewalk service are going full-tilt at the base.
Red ear-stockings for the horses.
I have no idea what the deal is with the red balloons in the canal.

Soon-to-be-red people in the park. Sun season is just starting, so everyone is out soaking up the rays on this holiday Thursday.
The red-shirt old guy on the trottinette almost got away before I got my camera working.
Did I tell Blogger to take my nice picture and turn it sideways? No. I did not.
Anybody know how to stop that?
.
Blogger is taking AGES to load photos on this lame connection, and I have to head off to the group dinner now. More tomorrow.

10 comments:

Robyn said...

Great pictures you took. I Love the one of the flower!

A Scattering said...

Great splashes of red. Thanks for the tour.

Si's blog said...

Looks good sideways. I told them to do that.

Love seeing Vienna. Any red sausages? Vienna sausages - get it? Sorry about that.

Great photos. Vicarious.

aurbie said...

I went hog wild with red. I love what you did, adding a little red here and a little red there. Kind of like a "Where's the red Waldo."

Thanks for another tour. I love your shots and the way you presented them

Unknown said...

wonderful to look at your town...so romantic, Vienna. Makes me think of cups of espresso on a side street cafe.

Sarah Lulu said...

Love love the horses with red ear stockings!

Bagman and Butler said...

I think the balloons in the canal have to win the most unusual and surreal award for Friday's shoot!

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! I can't choose a favorite but........it is between the red umbrella's in the al fresco dining area and the red stockings on the horses's ears. That shot of the balloons in the canal is an award winner for sure.
Have a weekend filled with love, joy and laughter and......

Steady On
Reggie Girl

NanU said...

Thanks, blogfellows! I think the horses' ear stockings are my favorite - and I only came across that one red pair (most were the color of the horse). I'll try to get around to all the Paint the Town Red posts.

J9 said...

My favorite is the horse ear stockings - very cool!