.

.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Signs of spring

1. I was out in the garden this morning planting the potatos. It rained quite a lot mid-week, and the ground is still rather muddy, but I figured I should at least get the spuds into the ground, seeing as I'm away next weekend and today is nice and sunny. Better not to put it off. The poor things were starting to climb out of their tupperware in the fridge. They didn't look much like food any more, but in six months time will be new food aplenty. I would have planted corn as well, but decided not to overdo it - my back is feeling the effort.
.
2. I mowed the lawn yesterday. Not much of it really needed mowing, but that's fine. With the grass just now coming back in strength I was able to reclaim many square meters of territory: almost up to the house on the one side, and almost to the fence on another.
.
3. The plum by the house is in full bloom - completely covered in white. I hope it doesn't make that many plums! The apricot has actually finished flowering already, though the apples and cherries have not yet started.
.
4. I go to work these days in full daylight. Yea! I hate getting up in the dark and making my way to work under the streetlights and into my office without ever seeing the sun. There was even a day last week I left work before sunset.
.

2 comments:

jabblog said...

A little sunshine does tempt one to work in the garden - and then follows the realisation of how much work needs to be done - or is that just me??

shabby girl said...

There are never as many fruit as the flowers, right? Wind, rain, whatever...
Thank God for spring!