.

.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Bah. Humbug.

So, I was going to say:

Here we are in the season of Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and etc etc posts where everybody looks back and goes over all the cool stuff, and wishes everybody else all the best and etc and etc. Good cheer and suchlike all around.

pfff.

It's been a rotten past several months. Sure, things happened before that, stuff that at the time was full of joy and wonder and I could hardly wait to write a year-end post like the others.
Now here we are at the year's end, and I just want it to be over. Please go back to normal, everybody.

And then I thought, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything.
Well, alright. I'll just stop blogging. Get off Facebook.
But what's the point in only sharing nice things? It would be great if there were only nice things. But there are other things too. Isn't life poorer for pretending there aren't? And, if you don't have anything sweet and light to post, and you step out of the social circle, don't you isolate yourself even more? Isn't keeping a hand in part of what's going to bring you back to a place where good things happen regularly?

Do have a good day tomorrow. And better ones after that.

1 comment:

The Bug said...

I think social media is for sharing the good AND bad. What's a community for if they're not there to support you? Of course, I'm the kind of person who tends to overshare, so I'd take anything I say with a grain of salt :)

Here's to a fabulous 2015 for all of us!