.

.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

frenchness

After 16 or 17 years, I'm still not used to the French vacation thing.
Here we have the partial accreditation dossier coming up fast, plus a new (and hideously complex) state-of-things dossier that the ARS has given us just 5 weeks to do. They're the local government body that authorizes medical institutions and laboratories to operate. Plus the national cancer institute has decided to require its own state-of-things dossier that I haven't even looked at, but also with a fairly short deadline.
It's Quality System, and Documentation, and Numbers all day, every day.
And what do they do?
They're on vacation.
Half the lab is on vacation this week, half next week. We're just at half-speed for a while. Nothing to be done. The right to vacation is paramount.
So, in the spirit of getting with it, I too have put in for a couple of days next week. Not the whole week. That would be too strange for me unless I'm travelling somewhere. And I might even take another couple days later in the month. So there!
Look - I'm even leaving early tonight. Not even 6 yet!

No comments: