.

.

Friday, October 1, 2010

Orange in Aubière

Alright it's not really Aubière; Aubière is down the street about a mile east.
Orange in Clermont just doesn't sound as nice. You are so lucky! It isn't raining today. If it doesn't rain tomorrow, I'll be the lucky one.
Here we are having Orange.
It's our new Radiotherapy wing!
Should be ready to greet the public by the end of the month.
And that's my building, the blue bit peeking up above the new one. This month's CJP newsletter mentioned its imminent destruction, but as yet there is nothing done to move the lab to the old hospital, no architectural plans for that, certainly no money for it. So I think we'll be staying for quite some time.

.


8 comments:

jabblog said...

It certainly stands out. I like the sweeping curve of the building.

Bagman and Butler said...

Aha...that's the building where you freeze stuffed rats. I just love grants. I also love your shots. It is funny because as I moused through the shootout links, my comment always followed you so I suspect, in real time, (not counting time zones) you are five minutes ahead of me...then I finished and here was your post. Blah blah blah.

GingerV said...

so I have just about followed this building from ground breaking to finish. time passes too quickly. but at least there is 'progress'
do you see other signs of bad economy? in Rome and immediate area it was so DIRTY - so many CARS - so much CHAOS - I think of Rio as dirty but no longer - the grand lady suffers from more blight. Italians (camillo's sister and son) will tell you the trash on the streets is from the new Africans and other imigrants that have come into the contry by way of the free borders - but the trash on the street was in an uppercrust neighborhood. WHAT It blows in on the wind?

Jama said...

The color makes the building stands out!

In the eye of the beholder said...

I like the curve of the building. I went to jr. high in a round school. It was fun.

Kim, USA said...

I like the color and the structure of this building. Happy weekend!
Black & Orange

Kerry said...

Finally this construction project is really taking shape, and it is cool to see that the building has a curved shape. I wonder what the interior will look like.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I like to see plants grown around it, may be with orange flowers. The curve makea it unusual.